Weed Management Area
2018 Landowner Cost Share Program
Private landowners within the Clearwater Basin Cooperative Weed Management Area (Nez Perce, Lewis, Clearwater counties) are eligible for cost share to control noxious weeds. Weeds must be listed on the Idaho Noxious weed list which can be found at: Invasive Species of Idaho.
General Information to Applicants
- Private landowners / land managers are eligible for reimbursements of 100% of the cost of herbicides, adjuvants, surfactants and dyes purchased in 2018 with the following maximums, provided in-kind match (labor and equipment) is met. (50% of seed may be covered with approval of County Contact)
|ACRES OWNED||MAXIMUM REIMBURSEMENT|
|Up to 25||$400|
|26 – 50||$800|
- Herbicides must be applied within the boundaries of the Clearwater CWMA. Eligible land shall include forest, pastureland, rangeland, wildlife, certain agriculture land (includes CRP land less the CRP weed control amount, hay for personal use, field boarders, non-crop areas), home and industrial sites. Ineligible land includes annually cropped fields – wheat, barley, peas, lentils, chickpeas, canola, production hay, alfalfa, etc.
- Glyphosate products (Roundup) will be reimbursed only with pre approval by the County Contact and a revegetation plan in place, or when used on barn lots, driveways, industrial areas, or areas where no vegetation is desired. (50% of seed may be covered with approval of County Contact)
- The Clearwater CWMA Cost Share program will be for the control ONLY of the 67 noxious weeds and 4 prohibited Genera as identified by the Idaho State Department of Agriculture (ISDA) Noxious Weed List.
- Bring your application record (back side of this form) and copies of signed invoices / receipts to your county contact any time after herbicide applications are completed. Applications will be reviewed by the County Contact and reimbursements made to qualifying persons.
Reimbursement requests must be submitted by October 19, 2018 in order to be considered.
- The Clearwater CWMA Cost Share Program is funded through the Idaho Department of Agriculture and reimbursements will be made as long as funds are available. Submit your reimbursement early to ensure your reimbursement.
- All herbicides shall be applied according to the label directions and instructions. No herbicide applications shall be made directly to running or standing water. All pesticide applicators must comply with the Idaho Pesticide and Chemigation Law, Title 22, Chapter 34, Idaho Code.
- See or call the County Contacts if you have any other questions. The County Contacts are:
2110 Michigan Ave
Orofino, ID 83544
|NEZ PERCE COUNTY|
Nez Perce Soil & Water CD
27880 Chambers Road
Culdesac, ID 83524
510 Oak Street, Room 7
Nezperce, ID 83543
200 S Almon #105
Moscow, ID 88343
NOTE to applicants: NEW IN 2018 IS THE REQUIREMENT FOR A GPS LOCATION. THE THIRD PAGE OF THE REIMBURSEMENT APPLICATION PACKAGE MUST BE COMPLETED.
Instructions for Nez Perce County applicants:
- Fill out forms (page 2 and 3 of reimbursement package)
- Attach receipts
- Email, mail or drop off to the Nez Perce Soil and Water Conservation District Office.
- Funds are distributed on a first come, first serve basis, meaning that the shared pool of funds is for several counties and is available until is it used. We strongly suggest land owners send their applications in before October 1st.
- Applications with missing information will be returned to the applicant. We will provide resources as available to assist you in completing the forms. However, the district is extremely short staffed and may not be able to provide the level of assistance we have in the past years. So plan ahead!
2018 reimbursement application package